Friday, September 5, 2014

Spotted Cowl

Well hello there stranger! I was referring to me. I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to update this blog. Lots of big changes going on...

But you didn't come here to hear about me. You came here for projects and ideas (I hope).

Have I got a good one coming your way! I am so excited to share this beauty with you. I love it and I hope you do to! :)





Isn't that pattern pretty?

It took me a little while to figure it out, and then to remember what I figured out and write it all down. But once you get the idea, its a quick project. I turned it into a cowl and I love it! :)



Here is the pattern for those interested in whipping up their own spotted cowl :)





:::Terms used:::

ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
st = stitch
slst = slip stitch
*-* = repeat pattern

If you want to know what that means, youtube can be very helpful :)



:::Material:::

Hook size F/5

Worsted weight yarn in two colors (or more if you want each spotted row to be a different color)

Scissors

Yarn needle





:::Pattern:::


Ch 135, join to form a loop by slst to first ch.

Row 1 (white): Ch 3, dc all the way across. Join with slst to top of ch3

Row 2 (black): Ch 3, skip 3 st. Sc in space between dc. *ch2, skip 3 st. sc in space between dc* all the way across. Join with slst to the first ch.

Row 3 (white): Ch 3, 2dc on ch2 of previous row, *3dc on ch2 of previous row* all the way across. Join with slst.

Repeat row 2 and 3 nine (9) times or until desired width.

When you are done, fasten off and weave in the ends.



Pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. I know some sections are confusing, so I took some pictures which will hopefully help answer any questions.



(black row ch3)

(here is where you do the stitch)



...



(end of the black row)

(slst goes here to join)


(before you pull the yarn through, grab the other color instead. This makes for a neater color transition)


(beginning of next row)

(see how you dc on the previous rows chain?)







Well, that sums it up, I hope that made a little bit of sense. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try my best to clarify. 





Thanks for stopping by! 




(Here is a sneak peak at my next blog post coming soon)



Happy hooking!








No comments:

Post a Comment